Dwayne Johnson Fans Site
Who is Dwayne Douglas Johnson - - Biography and Family
Dwayne Douglas Johnson, also known as The Rock was born on May 2, 1972, under the zodiac sign of Taurus.
The dwayne johnson birthplace is Hayward, California
His parents Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia are both professional wrestlers, a condition for which Johnson too decides to carry on the family tradition by becoming a wrestler himself.
In his adolescence he played various sports, as a child he became interested in rugby, a sport he practiced only until high school, then football which he began playing in the role of defender, later recruited by the University of Miami, but unfortunately he had to abandon his career in sport for a serious injury.
Did dwayne johnson play football ?
Yes, Johnson played college football at the University of Miami, and won a national championship in 1991. He aspired a professional career in football, but went undrafted in the 1995 NFL Draft. He signed with the Calgary Stampeders of the Canadian Football League (CFL), but was cut from the team in his first season.
In the summer of 1996 he decides to try wrestling and debuts in the ring under the name of Rocky Maivia, his name is the fusion of the name of his father and that of his grandfather. In a short time his popularity explodes and the WWF executives (the wrestling league) bet everything on him and the one who is simply The Rock becomes a star.
Do dwayne johnson have a twin brother ?
No, the So-Called “Dwayne Johnson Brother” is His Stunt Double
Sharing a similar built and even somewhat identical facial features, Tanoai Reed is actually The Rock’s cousin the one who does most of The Rock’s stunts.
Johnson married Danyelle Garcia, a manager, for about 10 years and from this marriage he has a daughter named Simone Alexandrea Johnson.
Unfortunately, the marriage ended in divorce in 2007.
Johnson's television popularity led him to participate in several television series, in 1999 he decided to devote himself to acting, so he made his television debut in the television series That '70s Show.
Johnson also took part in some television series dedicated also to the youngest: we can see him on an episode of Hannah Montana, The wizards of Waverly and Cory at the White House.
But even in wrestling his encounters are increasingly popular and he manages to alternate the ring with the camera in the best possible way.
The Rock, in short, stands up to the comparison with the camera and in 2002 becomes none other than the protagonist of The Scorpion King.
From this moment on, his career in film has started and will always be on the rise with him starring in films of exceptional box office earnings.
In 2005 a new phase of The Rock's career opens, which decides to take a break from wrestling and launches into productions not necessarily financed by WWE Films.
On 18 August 2019 The Rock marries his current wife Lauren Hashian, born in 1984, born on 8 September in the United States of America under the zodiac sign of Virgo.
She has a degree in Communication and Public Relations and her greatest passion is music.
Lauren is a highly experienced singer gained through Warner Music and Paramount Pictures, she is featured with several singles on iTunes, including "Ride the Wave" and "Step Into a Love Like This".
Given Johnson's notoriety, Hashian likes to "keep a discreet profile and maintain privacy and normality."
Johnson and Hashian have 2 children, Jasmine Lia and Tiana Gia.
DWAYNE JOHNSON, in a recent interview from 2018, opens and declares: “I FIGHTED DEPRESSION”.
She told of her secret battle with depression and her agony of witnessing her mother's attempted suicide.
“I reached a point where I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere. I was crying all the time, ”Johnson said.
She says she was only 15 when her mother Ata tried to kill herself in front of him a few months after they were evicted from their apartment by throwing themselves into traffic full of cars and trucks.
Johnson added: “The crazy thing about that suicide attempt is that he has no memory of it to this day.
If I hadn't found the inner strength to carry on, says Johnson, I would have easily killed myself like my mother.
"We are both healed, but we must always do our best to pay attention when other people are in pain," he said. "We have to help them and remind them that they are not alone."
When a fan recently told him that he was suffering from depression, Johnson replied, “I hear you. I've fought that beast more than once.
In 2015 he was the highest paid actor in the world, earning nearly $ 65 million.
Johnson has won nineteen titles over the course of his career, including ten world titles.
He also holds a Guinness Book of Records, thanks to 105 photographs taken with fans in three minutes, during the San Andreas film premiere in 2015.
In 2000, The Rock released its first autobiography, which became a New York Times bestseller and remained on the bestseller list for nearly 6 months.
Can dwayne johnson swim ?
He might be playing a lifeguard in this summer’s kickoff blockbuster but Baywatch star Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson isn’t a strong swimmer in real life.
But Ocean Rescue Chief Mike Brown, 43, of Deerfield Beach, Florida, admits the 45-year-old would make a better lifeguard than co-star Zac Efron, 29 – and is ‘the nicest guy in the world’ on set.
Brown, who worked as a consultant on the film, said: ‘I’m not sure he can swim well. He’s so ripped, sometimes guys with the big muscles… Muscles sink in the ocean.’
The Rock's story paints a clear picture of the kind of mental strength needed to achieve your greatest goals, despite all the obstacles that come your way.
That's what I try to show with the videos here on the channel about successful people.
So make it clear in your mind what you want and work hard to become the best version of yourself and achieve your goals.
- The first WWE heavyweight champion of the world for 8 times.
- Named one of Entertainment Television's "20 Best Entertainers of 2001".
- It bears a resemblance to a wax figure at Madame Tussaud's museum.
- He decided to attend the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida because they did not openly show interest in him.
- His $ 5.5 million salary for The Scorpion King (2002) earned him a list in the Guinness Book of Records, as his salary was the highest for any actor receiving the highest score for the first time.
- Dwayne's father, originally from Canada, is black, of black Nova Scotia descent, and was born in Amherst, Nova Scotia (Dwayne's father's ancestors were African Americans who moved to Canada). Dwayne's mother is of Samoan descent.
- Dwayne is a skilled saltwater fisherman with light tackle.
- WWE called their Thursday night show SmackDown! (1999) after one of The Rock's smash hits, "Layeth the Smack Down".
- He was a good friend of the late actor Michael Clarke Duncan.
- His cousin, Tanoai Reed, is his stunt double for many of his films.
- It was Tim Burton's second choice for the role of Willy Wonka in The Chocolate Factory (2005), which went to Johnny Depp.
- He has three daughters: Simone Garcia Johnson (born August 14, 2001) with ex-wife Dany Garcia and Jasmine Lia Johnson (born December 16, 2015) and Tiana Gia Johnson (born April 17, 2018) with his wife Lauren Hashian.
- He made his WWF television debut at the WWF Survivor Series (1996).
- He is afraid of spiders.
- Although he has lived in the United States for most of his life, he has Samoan citizenship as his mother is Samoan. He has often stated in interviews that he is proud of his Samoan heritage and feels honored to be a Samoan.
- His ex-wife, Dany Garcia, is his manager.
- According to Forbes, his estimated earnings for 2016 were around $64.5 million, making him the highest paid actor for that year.
- He has more than 82 million followers on Instagram and 11 million followers on Twitter.
dwayne johnson best movies:
|The scorpion king (2002)||$5.500.000|
|The ruin (2003)||$12.500.000|
|Walk with your head held high (2004)||$15.000.000|
|Dancers (2015)||$ 700.000 per episode|
|Jumanji: welcome to the Jungle (2017)||$20.000.000|
|Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)||$20.000.000|